Tuesday, November 12, 2013

​​What a wonderful, successful weekend!

It was my birthday on Sunday, I had pressies all weekend and what a lucky girl I was. A new Stihl Strimmer with cow horn handles,I do love a good strimmer! Mum and Dad have brought me some lesson in preparation for my trailer test. My father in law has carved me the most beautiful spinning chair out of oak from a local wood. I have an IPAD from my wonderful husband which I can currently typing this post on. Plus loads of chocolate and smellies and money towards my next lot of fruit trees. Thoughroughly spoilt! 

The long weekend was also our first weekend selling sausages from the farm gate. We had  a wonderful time, breaking the carcass down and mincing all the meat, before turning it into sausages on saturday. We SOLD out and had to delay some orders until the next pigs go on Tuesday.

Everything went really well and we were very pleased with the packaging. Although time consuming I think it really finishes our special product.

We also made some pheasant sausages with port and cranberries for customers to try, they went down really well and we will be selling these next time.

The order book is now open for Sunday 24th November, please email me your orders to avoid disappointment, as before sausages will be priced at £8 per kilo. Danielle.perkins@yahoo.co.uk

We have now sold 11 out of 15 turkeys and more hams. 

We really are enjoying sharing our small holding life!

The cows are coming home this weekend, I can't wait. Tilly is really big now, we are pretty sure she is in calf and due at the end of April. 


Nite nite














No comments:

Post a Comment