Friday, September 13, 2013

I've been trying to write a post all week! Where does time go, the days are flying past and I feel busier than ever!

Well where to start:

Last weekend was our anniversary weekend, again i can't believe we have been married a whole year!

We had booked a long weekend off work to spend quality time together! But no sitting around!

We did have an easy day on Friday, Gareths Mum gave me a lovely preserving pan, and goodness me hasn't it had some use in the last week. I made a lovely partridge curry for the weekend. We took a trip to Farmers Ales to purchase some of their new beer, The Wallet, at over 7.5% they told Gareth to be Careful.

Saturday, Mum and I met Madeleine at the village hall and we made several jars of Damson Jam, Marrow Chutney and Mint and Rosemary Infused Jelly's. They look fantastic. The Marrow worked out a little dearer than i thought but its still ok.  We have made over 100 jars now. Its not just the making its the gingham tops and labelling that takes the time.

They have there first outing this weekend, i hope they sell well!

I collected a lovely amount of apples from the orchard and plums from my Grandparents. As well as some from a house on the way home lovely James Grieves! I feel lots of Jelly Making coming on!

We ventured to the New Hall Vineyard Wine Festival on Sunday, great to taste local wine, but life was just passing me by sitting there in the sun. So i decided to go home and make a plum cake! Far more interesting.

I also made plum cordial, it is delicious i ended up with 2.5 litres that should last me the winter!

Its been a busy week collecting fruit, i managed to get 5kg of Damsons. Some for me to make Damson Gin and Damson Vodka and the rest for East Essex Smallholders Group so we can make Jam. I've also collected a huge amount of elderberries for freezing. We have trialled an elderberry jelly. Its very sweet.

I feel winter is getting closer we brought some of the ewes home last night as they have run out of grass.

We are going to try and make a South African Sausage this weekend with Our Friend Marisa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment