Monday, April 28, 2014

We have thirteen wonderful lambs, although I must say it's been a very stressful lambing. Thank god for our friend Niegel, he has been wonderful with his excellent midwifery skills!

We have lambs stuck galore, for some reasons they all wanted to come out with a front leg backwards. We have premature lambs and huge lambs. But we are all done and dusted now, well apart from our original sheep Disney. We aren't sure if she is in lamb and if she is she is a way off. 

Esme the goat is now in the maternity pem, she has milk so fingers crossed her kid is on the way.

Maurice has been busy moving muck, we have a toy from his work to stay a lovely teleporta which reaches over 12 meters. We have mucked out the barn with it. I have never known anyone to be so excited about cow muck, but our friend Phil reckons it is the best you can get so he has had all the cow muck delivered to his field so he can rot it down for the future. Maurice has also been moving our muck heap, I think he has moved over 100 tonnes via the tractor and trailer to Phil and our neighbour Levi. It is just like compost! 

The pigs are now all out in the wood they are having a fantastic time, although it is very tiring. 

Tilly and Tulip the dexters are now out in the field. Tulip is growing so quick, I have could resist the photo of her sitting in a paddling pool. I thought it was a great way to contain her haulage, however she thought it made a better bed. We have purchased our next Dexter, he is a laugh red coloured steer. He will only be with us until the end of the year. We are sharing him with Nigel to thank him for all his help at lambing. 

The garden is changing daily. We are planting more and more out and I hope we will have the most productive garden ever.

Maurice and I have finished planting the potatoes and we have a little space left. So inspired by Country File we are going to plant some rainbow coloured carrots, parsnips, sweet corn and leeks. 

I find myself sitting at the kitchen table typing this post, Gareth has an early start today so I thought I would make use of blogging at 5am. 

I hope you are all enjoying spring.






No comments:

Post a Comment